The Romney campaign formally announced last Saturday morning that Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan will be the GOP’s 2012 vice presidential nominee.
Mitt Romney has proven once and for all that he’s completely controlled by the most extreme elements in the Republican Party, who forced him to choose Paul Ryan.
So what does this mean? The Ryan-Romney budget would gut Medicaid, end Medicare as we know it and give millionaires even more tax breaks.
The Ryan-Romney budget would:
- Cut Medicaid assistance for at least 14 million Americans
- Eliminate food stamps for 8 million Americans
- Raise the age of Medicare eligibility from 65 to 67
- Abolish Pell Grants for 400,000 college students
- End Head Start for 2 million children
- Curtail nutrition assistance for 1.8 million women, infants and young children
- Reduce funding for education, environmental protection, social services, transportation and public health by 19 percent beginning in 2014
- Millionaires get tax cuts ranging from $187,000 to $265,000, in addition to the 164,000 they already get from continuing the Bush tax cuts.
- Defense spending increases by $200 billion over the next ten years.
The Ryan-Romney budget – The 1% win, the 99% lose.