The 2012 general election is here! Your ballot is filled with high stakes choices about equality, security, and the future of Washington. In order to ensure that our state and country move forward in the right direction, it’s necessary for everyone to cast their vote!
Washington CAN! has endorsed the following candidates and campaigns because they will help advance our mission of achieving racial, social and economic justice in our state:
- Vote for Jay Inslee for Governor. Jay Inslee is committed to fully implementing President Obama’s health care reform and ensuring quality, affordable health care for Washington families and small businesses.
- Vote NO on I-1185. The Eyman Initiative would require a 2/3 supermajority to close corporate tax loopholes or raise revenue in our state, making it harder to fund health care, education and important social service programs.
- Vote NO on I-1240. We want our state to fully fund public education and ensure equal access and opportunities for all students, not waste scarce public resources on funding charter schools.
- Vote YES on I-502. Marijuana legalization will bring us closer to racial justice in Washington and will help end the disproportionate incarceration of people of color.
- APPROVE Referendum 74. Help our state prioritize freedom and equality by ensuring that all dedicated and committed couples have the opportunity to marry.
We also teamed up with Washington’s leading progressive organizations to produce the 2012 Progressive Voters Guide – your ticket to highly-informed voting based on progressive values. For detailed information about ALL the issues on the ballot, check out the full and comprehensive Progressive Voters Guide here!
The deadline for mailing in your ballot is November 6, but your best bet is to do it today! Be sure to vote in every race, because every ballot issue will have a big impact on our future.