Mon, Dec 10, 2012
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic
2101 East Yesler Way
On Monday, December 10th, Washington CAN! and partners will release our new report “Facing Race: 2012 Legislative Report Card on Racial Equity.” We will be holding release events in Seattle, Spokane, Olympia, Tacoma and the Tri-Cities.
Taking place on International Human Rights Day, the releases will highlight how race continues to shape opportunities and access for people of color throughout Washington, and urge the Legislature to take steps in 2013 to advance racial equity.
The events are press conferences featuring speakers who will touch on the different issue areas/legislation in the report, and personal stories. Please join us and stand in solidarity around the importance of racial equity to our communities!
Findings to be released at the event:
- The grade of the House, Senate and the overall Legislature in regards to racial equity
- Current racial disparities that exist in Washington, in particular in the areas of health, education and criminal justice
- Concrete policy recommendations for reducing racial disparities in Washington
See below to find the location nearest you!
- Seattle: 11am at Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic, 2101 East Yesler Way
- Spokane: 11am at Chase Gallery, 808 W. Spokane Falls Boulevard
- Olympia: 11am at Family Education and Support Services, 1202 Black Lake Blvd SW
- Tri-Cities: 6pm at 417 W Lewis St, Pasco, WA 99301
- Tacoma: 11am at Shiloh Baptist Church, 1211 South I Street
Contact Rachaeldecruz@washingtoncan.org with any questions!